Sunday, July 17, 2011

Should I get gifts for my pregnant next door neighbor please read?

I like lots of detail but I am in a bit of a pickle. We moved recently and moved next to a young couple that has been married 5 years. They are expecting there first child, a boy, in September. I had a baby boy last October. I have tons and tons of newborn clothes given and bought and some of them he never wore because he was born so long and big. The question is, we have gotten fairly friendly with them. She comes over all the time to play with our kids and pets. They have had cook outs that they invited us too. I asked if she had a shower she said she is waiting for him to be born. I asked if there was medical issues and she said no he is fine. So ok thats fine. I wasnt inviting myself to the shower, but anyway I have yet to be asked. I still want to give them a gift. Also in mentioning I was going to have a garage sale in July I told her I would give her first pick of all the never worn items that were brand new with tags, for free she could come and browse over them all she wanted. She said no she probably would get alot of stuff for her shower. I was a tad offended at that statement but brushed it off. However now I am wondering should I get her a gift or not? I wanted too but my husband said dont waste your money she is not grateful or in need or want of it so dont get your feelings hurt. I still feel a little obligated. I was thinking of getting her a pack of brand name diapers and some non clothing items. What do you think after knowing the situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment