Friday, July 15, 2011

How to deal with a friend who thinks her kids are genetically superior?

Okay, all of us Moms think our kids are amazing and prodigies and beautiful and angel (well, they are, right?) My kids are 33 months and 11 months, and I'm 22 so it's hard for me to find friends being 10 hours away from my roots. So I've been lucky enough to find a couple girls my age with kids (you know, people who won't judge me based on my age is really all I look for at this point). One of the girls though.. She's 19, has a 14 month old and a 2 month old. I've gotten past her mooching and immaturity, frankly, I kind of feel bad for the girl. But when she gets to talking about her kids it just pushes my buttons. I have been STRUGGLING for months to help my son on the potty (which he finally got this weekend, woohoo!), and she is like "What? Even [Baby#1] is going on the potty." I just want to scream and be like "no you're just-turned-one-year-old-son is NOT going on the potty!" Oh and did I mention there is ALWAYS something wrong with her or the kids. I know being a new mother is scary, but to say "My son has cancer!" (not so drastic) when you feel a lump (and later found out that everybody has that bump under their nipple) and before even going to the doctor... it's aggravating! I am in a pickle because I'm a stay-at-home mom and don't have many opportunities to meet people but.. is it even worth it? It really gets on my nerves! I guess I just really need to vent to someone other than my husband lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment